Thursday, 4 June 2009

We've come to the end of the road...


And so it has finished...

The three years spent studying English Literature in Mile End are over. 'Done and dusted' would be an apt statement. Even though at times I yearned for these three years to be over so I could make my grand entrance into 'real' life, now that I am officially no longer a student, I cannot help but feel creeping anxiety spread itself throughout my mind. Having looked forward to bursting the student 'bubble' that I felt trapped in, I now find myself anxious to be protected. 

It being three weeks since I finished, these feelings seem entirely premature. Surely hope and optimism for the future should carry me for another couple of months? It seems not. 
Rather than find comfort or even a sense of achievement at finishing my degree, my thoughts are overridden by a sense of harsh reality - so what? To be a success surely you need to be doing something to get there? With competition in every industry, what do I do? 

I comfort myself with the thought that I have a degree and will be graduating soon (Looked forward to it since childhood), but am fiercely searching for my next goal!! 

No comments: